Paris, 9 May 2006
As requested by sector players, ARCEP has decided to extend the deadline for responses to the public consultation on its draft decisions regarding the analysis of the mobile voice termination market of the operators Outremer Télécom and Tel Cell. The original deadline of 15 May 2006 has been extended to 1st June 2006.
Paris, 13 April 2006
Autorité de régulation des communications électroniques et des postes (ARCEP) is submitting for public consultation today, and until 15th May, its draft decisions on its market analysis for mobile voice call termination of the operators Outremer Télécom and Tel Cell.
These two operators were not yet active commercially in the Antilles-Guyana region when ARCEP conducted its first analysis of the mobile voice call termination markets in overseas départements in 2005.
In its draft decisions submitted for public consultation, ARCEP’s analysis is similar to its previous one, i.e. decision no. 05-0111 on determining relevant voice call termination markets on overseas mobile networks.
So, ARCEP proposes:
- designating the operators Outremer Télécom and Tel Cell as having significant power on the wholesale mobile voice call termination markets on their respective networks
- imposing on them obligations identical to those imposed on mobile operators of comparable size in the Antilles-Guyana region (i.e. significantly smaller than Orange Caraïbe). In particular, it proposes that Outremer Télécom and Tel Cell not practice excessive pricing.
Along with launching the public consultation, ARCEP has also requested the opinion of France’s competition authority, Conseil de la concurrence.
Responses to the consultations must be sent to M16(@)arcep.fr before 15 May 2006.
The following draft decisions are submitted for public consultation and are available for downloading :
- Draft decision n° 06-0453 on determining the relevant voice call termination markets on the mobile networks of Outremer Télécom and St Martin & St Barthélemy Tel Cell Draft n° 06-0453 (pdf - 350 Ko)
- Draft decision n° 06-0454 on the significant market power of Outremer Télécom on the wholesale voice call termination market on its network and resulting obligations Draft n° 06-0454 (pdf - 534 Ko)
- Draft decision n° 06-0455 on the significant market power of St Martin & St Barthélemy Tel Cell on the wholesale voice call termination market on its network and resulting obligations Draft n° 06-0455 (pdf - 531 Ko)