Today, Arcep, the Economic Council (CGE) and the French Digital Agency are publishing their annual survey on the adoption of digital tools and how their use has developed. Conducted by the CREDOC research centre devoted to the study and observation of living conditions, the survey polled a representative sample of 2,214 people, ages 12 and up, in face-to-face interviews.
How has smartphone ownership grown amongst French mobile phone owners? What percentage of mobile phone processors use 4G? How do French people watch TV?
The 2018 edition includes a close-up look at the adoption of free roaming in Europe, since the introduction of “Roam like at home” – awareness of which is still lacking in France – and examines the growing popularity of instant messaging apps.
- Infographics: the main findings in 2018, at a glance (in French)
- Presentation: slides, graphics and figures presented at the press conference (in French)
- Media kit: survey summary, with an introductory editorial by Mounir Mahjoubi, France’s Secretary of State for Digital Affairs
- The complete survey (in French)
- OPEN DATA: complete Digital Market Barometer data since 2007 available at: data.gouv.fr